Tuesday, 6 April 2010

Outraged!

I am outraged! Pissed even! I just got another letter from Aetna (my insurance company) I am now officially insured again. And they are willing to pay $62.39 of the $276.99 bill for my visit to Fanny (snigger) Allen Clinic. $276.99!!!!!! They checked my lungs!...with a stethascope...it took 3 minutes (and I waited 4 hours) they also swabbed my throat for a strep infection we all knew I didn't have! (It appears THAT cost $80.90 - I actually want to believe that is what'hospital incidentals' are).

yeesh!

LOL this dissing of the medical system of my host country may get removed when I calm down.

5 comments:

Keynsian Houston said...

you should not remove it -- believe me, your host friends feel the same way...

Shirley said...

Whereas in Ireland, now we are officially old, your poor, aged, be-shawled and pipesmoking parents get medical care for free. Doctor's visits, medication, bloods, wow!

Keynsian Houston said...

you get free blood? cool.

Helen said...

Well here pipesmoking is a pre-existing condition!

Shirley said...

The s is important in bloods. As in tests :) Anne gets free blood because she has very valuable multi-purpose, suits-anyone blood. Provided she parts with an armful now and again!