Thursday, 13 May 2010

He sounds kinda sweet...

except for all the 'food share' thing. Mind you he is a jazz fan from San Francisco ... hmm ... sounds like a guy who might have the munchies a lot.
What interests me is why anyone would 'like' paper products...and feel the need to tell everyone (what sort of paper products I wonder?):

I would like one roommate to sign onto the lease with me (one-year contract) or agree to sublet from August to the end of the academic year.

About me: I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area and also went to university around there. I'll be coming to UVM after spending a year living in Cambodia. I like good conversations, socially conscious hip hop, jazz, soul-filled vocalists, sharing basic household items and food, ethnic studies literature, third world scholarship, deconstructing dominant discourses, paper products, independent book and clothing shops, and reading blogs. I'm in my early 20s and male.

Potential roommates: Please be someone who will sleep or practice quiet hours from 12a-8a. It would be great if you are open to using collective table space for studying.
Having a car would be a big bonus as well. While we don't have to be best friends forever, I value community.


Edit: You know I put this up yesterday without reading it all that carefully, I was mostly commenting on the 'paper products'. But after reading it again 'roommate leach' seems like a more accurate description of him :D

12 comments:

Shirley said...

I would prefer if you don't have a navel, so we can both gaze at mine.

KP said...

I suspect a year in Cambodia would make one appreciate the luxury of toilet roll! I'm am not sure about this chap. I suspect you should read this like an estate agent's brochure.

KP said...

I would like one roommate to sign onto the lease with me ... to the end of the academic year.
(So that when I do a bunk, there will be someone else to pick up the bill)
About me: I grew up in the San Fran.... went to university around
there.
(Not telling you exactly where cos you might google me and find out about my sordid past)
...after spending a year living in Cambodia...
(hiding from the debt collectors)
... I like good
conversations, socially conscious hip hop, jazz, soul-filled vocalists...
I just know that I am totally cool)
...sharing basic household items and food...
(I will eat all your expensive muesli and finish all the milk and "forget" to top up the kitty)
...ethnic studies literature, third world scholarship, deconstructing dominant discourses, paper products, independent book and clothing shops...
(I could disappear up my socially conscious behind leaving you with the toilet roll bill)

Shirley said...

Dead on, KP! Though I suspect Helen was being more ironic than interested :)

Helen said...

I put up my edit before I realised there were more comments!

ROFL: KP you are totally right (and the navel gazing thing is hilarious too) I really didn't think much further than the paper products. But 'I was brought up in the Haight-Ashbury by feral hippies' might be closer to the truth.

KP said...

Snigger! I was pretty sure you weren't terribly serious.

Shirley said...

I didn't pay too much attention to the paper products. You know, now you mention it, it might be a stationery fetish....

Helen said...

LOL I wondered how long that would take...

Shirley said...

Reading it again, maybe he means that he likes buying household goods and food, and sharing them with whomever he lives?

I'm sure that last sentence is not standard construction...

WV verdism - what I just got an attack of.

Unknown said...

Yeah, please have a car, I'll take your food - I was waiting for the "hope you like to buy me beer" line.

Helen said...

So I just got to wondering is 'paper products' some form of code for 'smokes pot?' Enquiring minds need to know. (I shall spell 'enquiring' with an e if I want *stupid spellcheck* )

Unknown said...

"Paper" is a quantity of heroin, but I'm not sure if that's the intent. I'd avoid it nonetheless.