Friday, 12 August 2011

Erm...I had something I was going to rant about *looks puzzled*

Oh yes I know - I keep coming across articles commenting in a confused fashion that the rioters are not targeting bookshops. They want to know why that is.
Why are they surprised by this?

It is for the same reason that if we were in a post-apocalyptic world and I had access to any and all shops I wouldn't bother with those that sold football shirts.

They are of no use or interest to me*.

Of course in a post-apocalyptic world Apple TVs and Playstations wouldn't be of any use to them either, and they would go ahead and steal them anyway, because they are stupid, because they don't read.


*also I think they are ugly, though that doesn't fit with my analogy very well.


1 comment:

Shirley said...

Now in fairness I haven't heard anyone over here sounding surprised about the lack of bookshop looting. You could have an entire thread on what books looters might go for though.

Meanwhile the governemnt and the police are arguing about which of them stopped the rioting - it was neither, it was the rain!