Ahem, ok from top left to right, my answers to did they survive the 70s:
1 Johnny Cash - yes (50ish, 1985) - note that would make him 35ish in 1970, which I didn't think about but I am pretty sure he is not the same age as all the others on this list...
2 Pete Townsend - yes despite protests to the contrary 'talkin' bout my etc...
3 Jim Morrison - no (27? 1973)
4 Paul McCartney - yes (or maybe no, who knows?)
5 Grace Slick - Who?
6 Bob Dylan - I should think so
7 Janis Joplin - no (27, 1974)
8 John Lennon - yes (about 40ish, 1981)
9 Jimi Hendrix - No (27, 1969)
10 Johnny Winter - dunno, who he?
11Alvin Lee - likewise
12 Ray Davies - I feel like he just did something last week? So, yes.
13 John Mayall - I should know who he is, a blues guy? Died at 27 if so. Going with 'yes'
14 Mick Jagger - yep
15 Elvis Presley - again, who can tell? (45ish 1977)
16 George Harrison - yes (60ish 2005)
17 Ringo Starr - yes
18 Charlie Watts - hmmm isn't he a Rolling Stone? Either he died something to do with a car and a swimming
pool or he is still alive and aging ungracefully - guessing yes.
19 Jimmy Page yes
20 Dave Crosby yes
Ok, now I have looked them all up, and I am pretty pleased with my batting average (I have 1 that is just wrong and 2 that are outrageously wrong). I have whited it out if you want to play along - just highlight the blank area below.
Actual age & year of death or current age:
(where I had heard of them I got them all right as to whether they survived the 70s)
1 - 71, 2003 - yes, just a little wrong with this one...mind you in 1970 he was 38 so they were cheating
putting him on this list...
putting him on this list...
2 - Now 67
3 - 27, 1971
4 - (well assuming it IS him) Now 70
5 - Grace Slick, Jefferson Airplane, still alive Now 72
6 - Now 71
7 - 27, 1970 - 16 days after Jimi Hendrix
8 - 40, 1980
9 - 27, 1970
10 - Now 70, blues guy
11 - Alvin Lee, the Jaybirds, Now 67
12 - Now 68
13 - Snigger, oops, John Mayall is totally not dead thanksohsoverymuch Now 78 (it's just possible I was thinking of Robert Johnson, who definitely didn't survive the 70s having died at the age of 27 in, um, 1938)
14 - Now 69
15 - 42, 1977
16 - 58, 2001 (also known as Carl Harrison, L'Angelo Misterioso, Hari Georgeson, Nelson/Spike Wilbury, George Harrysong, George O'Hara-Smith, Jairaj Hari san)
17 - Now 72
18 - Now 71 Epically wrong about him too, he is neither dead nor aging ungracefully "The Telegraph has named him one of the World's Best Dressed Men. In 2006 Vanity Fair elected Watts into the International Best Dressed List Hall of Fame, joining his style icon, Fred Astaire"(it was Kieth Moon with the car and the swimming pool (allegedly) and he didn't survive the 70s)
19 - Now 68
20 - Now 71

No comments:
Post a Comment