So I found a Mix - R.E.M channel on YouTube and it has been pretty good in general however:
1 - there has been precisely 1 (count it) song by R.E.M on the list. I have had several songs by Queen / Red Hot Chilli Peppers / Queen / No Doubt / Nirvana / Bon Jovi / Cindi Lauper / (Queen). This seems to not really be following the theme of an R.E.M. channel.
2- At this stage we are down to Wake me Up Before you GoGo by Wham and Down Under by Men at Work (not to mention Eye of the Tiger (Survivor) and Africa by Toto). These are all from the opposite end of the wrong decade!
Like I understand they get what age I am (and they seem to have been keeping an eye on me since I was 14 or so since they really haven't picked a song I don't know every single word of) but seriously where is the connection between Wham and R.E.M.?
3- Queen? There is an AWFUL lot of Queen on this list. I quite like Queen but Losing My Religion versus Bicycle Race? I'm just saying ....
4- Many of the songs at the beginning of the list have this weird thing in common where they have an introductory bit that isn't part of the song - were all videos always like this back in the day or is it just a coincidence?
5- Down Under is pretty funny - both song and video.
Oh and Pink Floyd's another Brick in the Wall?
Note: yes I do know every word, beat, pause and finger click in Wake Me Up Before You GoGo - Wham (1984) - I should be somewhat ashamed of this I suspect....
No comments:
Post a Comment